Growing up on one continent and living my mature life on a different continent has been challenging at times. The best way to describe it would be: being trained to run a marathon but...
Live, Love, Laugh
Playing it coy is a waste of time. If I cannot speak my mind, if you cannot hear my truth why bother talking to each other? I like people with emotions, opinions, interesting and controversial ideas and above all, people with a wicked sense of humour! Welcome to my space!
- #BlackWomenAtWork Is An Honest Account Of Calling Out Discrimination At WorkA new trending hashtag took Twitter by storm Tuesday night — and the women who it affected had no qualms about holding back. Created by Teach For America vice president Brittany Packnett, #BlackWomenAtWork was started to call out the issues black women still face when they're on the job. The term rose in popularity after […]
- Fort McMurray Boy Handed Speeding Ticket By RCMP For Going Too FastA three-year-old Alberta boy has learned there are serious consequences for drivers who rip up the roads. His punishment? He's been told to serve some hard time helping his mom in the laundry room. Nathan Snow was driving home from a playground in Fort McMurray, Alta. on Sunday night in his miniature Ford F-150, when […]
- How Nelly Furtado Fell Back In Love With Music After Finding Inspiration In Unexpected PlacesNelly Furtado may have disembarked from pop stardom "to experience life" for a few years before making her new album "The Ride," but the "Promiscuous" singer kept herself plenty busy. From moonlighting at a record store and training for a 10km run to raising her now-13-year-old daughter and visiting the Kenyan school her million-dollar donation […]
- Via Rail Just Made Travelling Canada By Train In 2017 So Much BetterIf you're between the ages of 12 and 25 in Canada, Via Rail just changed your summer travel plans. The coast-to-coast passenger rail service revealed a special all-you-can-ride Youth Pass for the month of July in 2017 for Canadian youth in honour of the country's 150th birthday — for the grand total of $150. The […]
- Our Health-Care System Isn't In A Position To Manage Social ProblemsRecently a local social services office sent a letter to my clinic. In it I was informed that while the office had previously engaged in on-site drug screening, due to provincial funding cuts they could no longer continue. However, since drug screening was still considered essential, to solve their budget problem they would send clients […]
My Tweeter Feed
bold print business cards business casual business etiquette camaraderie Card reader career counselling Career Development Career Planning communism cultural background culture cultures emigrant English fear fear of riding female rider formal Fruit Splash happiness Honda Shadow iPhone job interview language Life Manners misunderstanding muscle memory new riders Open Road Motorcycle passenger rider Resume Resumes riding gear setting goals smart design social gathering social networking stress TED vacation Vancouver vocabulary Wreck